Thursday, September 1, 2011

My First Dining Set

This table and chairs is my very first custom order! Yippee! My customer inherited this piece from her aunt and it was in pretty rough shape. The top was covered in what looked like burn marks or maybe rings from old gallons of stain. The chairs were pretty creaky and stained as well. I even found some hay tucked up underneath the table surface! She wanted to leave the base of the table natural, and as it was in pretty good shape I thought that was a great idea. I would've liked to keep the seats of the chairs natural as well to tie it together a bit better, but they were so stained I couldn't sand down that far and have any seat left. :) So, I sanded the heck out of table and chairs, primed w/ 2 coats of Kilz primer/sealer and painted with this dusky Loganberry color. She originally wanted black, but opted for this instead. I wasn't too sure about the color at first, but after distressing and finishing with a dark wax I think it came out really nice. Perfect for a country kitchen. Hope you like it, too!

{before}
{after}

No comments:

Post a Comment