Monday, August 29, 2011

Lemon Yellow Chairs

I bought these chairs from a coworker of my husband who drives a sweet yellow VW bug. So, to pay homage to their former owner I opted to paint them this cheery yellow. I repaired, sanded and then painted them with an exterior paint-primer I had on hand from another project. Normally I wouldn't use exterior paint on a project like this, but I already had the paint and this way someone could use them on a front porch or covered patio. It took quite a few coats and there are still a few places where the old finish shows through, but I think it adds to their charm. I distressed the edges, finished everything off with two coats of wax and reupholstered the seats with this funky early-60s era fabric. I love how the yellow really makes the blue pop! These chairs are for sale in the shop.

{after}

No comments:

Post a Comment