Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Sheila Table- My First Free-hand Paint Job

I got a request on facebook to do a custom paint job on an already blue table.  Her grandson had painted it in his shop class at the local high school, and she wanted something custom to give it a little more oomph.  Her home is vibrant and cheery and I think this piece will look right at home in her living room.  She chose the colors to tie in with her rug and fireplace.  I drew up a few sketches of different ideas.  She chose the one she liked best and I got to work.  The spiral is imperfect, both to cover some flaws in the table top and also to seem more organic and less "factory perfect".

What do you think? I had so much fun doing this project!  I would love to do more pieces like this!



No comments:

Post a Comment