Sunday, September 30, 2012

Antique White Desk Before and After

I love the farmy feel of this piece. I did it in an antique white and intentionally left some of the dings in the piece rather than fill them in with wood putty. I  like how it makes the piece look aged.  I did a LOT of repair of peeling veneer and big gouges.  Then did 2 coats of antique white paint, distressed a bit, added new hardware and finished with 2 coats of wax.  I think it would make such a sweet vanity with a pretty mirror hung above and a matching chair or stool.  If you purchase this piece and would like a seat to match, let me know! I do custom work, too :)


Here is the before.  Ew.  Oh, and see that desk just to the right?  She'll be done soon and she's gonna be awesome!


After, so much prettier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment