Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Latest Pieces

I worked really hard getting a bunch of pieces ready to sell at the Country Store Swap meet, and most of them sold before the show!  So, my booth was pretty empty.  But the good thing is that things sold and now I have room to work on new projects!  I sold both of my dressers and this black side table


I painted it in a black gloss, distressed it and then finished with a clear spray on enamel. 


I also painted our outdoor patio table


and did a dry brush technique on this adorable little coffee table.  I just love how it turned out and I wish it was big enough for our living room.  I just know it will look amazing wherever she ends up!  The glass top can be removed and the fabric changed to match someone's decor.  I thought it would be super cute to put holiday themed items underneath, like maybe Christmas cards??  Or family photos, kids' artwork.  The possibilities are endless.  I definitely want to keep my eyes peeled for a larger glass topped coffee table for my own house. 





I also finished my largest custom job, ever!  My sweet friend Jessica asked me to redo her dining table for her.  It was a golden oak before, and had been well loved.  I wish I'd remembered to take a before pic.  I'm so bad about that!   But here's the after.  I think it looks amazing! And it doesn't show well in pictures, but the glossy black enamel paint I used really picked up the grain of the wood, which I love.  It gives the black so much more depth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment