Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Desk

I did this desk for some good friends of mine that recently moved back to town.  They chose the color and I found the piece.  I love the bright color they chose, and the accent hardware on the corners and reinforcing the drawers.  They originally were an awful brass color.  I painted all of the hardware black. The desk had a lot of peeling veneer, so I pulled that off.  One of the legs had had a really bad repair job done to it, so I fixed that up as best I could.  Then I filled holes with wood putty, sanded quite a bit and then painted 4 coats of a paint-primer in a satin finish.  I sanded between each coat of paint.  Then I lightly distressed the edges of the piece, waxed with a mahogany wax and reattached the hardware.  To finish it off I lined the drawers with a coordinating paper.

I think it came out really cute! I love the bright funky red/orange.





No comments:

Post a Comment